Friday, April 18, 2008

Day trip to Davis ~ Sudwerks!

November 16, 2007

I took a Friday off and headed down to Davis. I got to the Sudwerk brewery and restaurant, at 12:30, just in time for lunch.


I always like to start out with the sampler set, and this time they had a five beer offering: Pilsner, Lagger, Brown, Marzen & an IPA. I'm not much of a Pilsner, Lagger, Hefe Weizen, German beer kind of a guy ~ Although I do love their Marzen (I feel the same about Gordon Biersch), so I was more then glad to see that they had a Brown and an IPA on! The crab cake sandwich was outstanding.


A portion of the original brewery is in the center of the restaurant, with the bar all the way around it. Very nice setup.

They also have great outside seating.


I left it at that, because I knew I'd be back later in the afternoon.

Someplace, like Sunset Magazine, I'd read about this wonderful bakery/cafe, near the University. I had nothing but dessert on my mind, so off I went.

They have done an excellent job of converting an old house to a cute little cafe.


My kind of place!

Later, walking around downtown Davis, I was glad to see that this town hadn't lost it's charm...